chevron

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This is my crazy life

Dave has been out of town (in New Mexico on business) for the last week and a half, and will still be gone for a few more days. Hopefully he is home sooner than later, but we won't get too excited about seeing him until Tuesday (at the latest, he said). So, instead of going crazy alone, I brought my trio to Pleasant Grove to stay with my parents. I have been so glad for their help, because as much as I'd like to say Braden is a good baby, he really is kind of a grump. And my two big boys suddenly turned into tazmanian devils and are kind of crazy. Man can they tear up a room in an instant. I don't remember it being like this before!! Their most recent tricks are that Colton has been drawing on things...himself, the walls, the doorknobs, grandma's furniture; and Tanner was caught yesterday climbing in grandma's washing machine, taking it apart. Good thing he was caught early, before too much damage was done.

But, we were able to see some old friends, and it has been wonderful. Lindsay and her kids came over one afternoon and her little girl painted with the boys (on paper luckily). (Above, Katelyn & Colton.)







Then we saw Brooke and her kids one afternoon, and it was so fun to have the boys all play together. (Above is Colton, Tanner, Chase & Marriner. Also Braden & Sadie 5 mo.)

Today we went to Springville and played with Tiffany and her girls and new baby boy. It will be fun for our babies to be the same age and play in the future.

It is so crazy to me to think that here we are, all friends from our teenage years, now the "responsible adults" with our own herd of kids. I still feel like I am 19 and certainly not qualified to be the one in charge. It is an odd feeling to sit back and realize that this is my life....my kids, my husband, my house and vehicle, my crazy life....and to know that I am certainly so blessed!

2 comments:

JJLanier said...

Kate- I'm glad you are able to spend some time with friends and family. I would love to do that. I feel the same - how is it possible that I have 3 kids? I still feel like a kid myself!
Good luck with the boys.

The Rich's said...

I just turned 29 and it seems totally impossible to have three kids and have been married for 8 almost 9 years. So we are going to have to plan to get together sometime this summer!