chevron

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What have we been up to?

I look at my blog all the time as it is one of my home pages.  I think to myself everytime, I should update, but what have we been up to?  Not much.  Same old thing.  But here are a few pics of things we have been doing....

Of course it is canning season.  Every year I realize just how much I love to can!  I have done peaches, peppers, jalepeno jelly, beans, dilly beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, freezer corn, freezer mandarin sauce, grape juice, apple juice, and apple sauce.  Still have apple pie filling to do yet.

I invited a group of ladies to come over and do corn with me, and we had a group come do applesauce.  We completed 12 boxes of apples, equalling 70 quarts and 78 pints. 




Dave is thick into harvest so we basically see him an hour each night before bed and on Sundays.  He brought home a HUGE potato from his field, and we were so amazed.  It was 14 1/2 inches long and weighed 3 1/2 lbs.




Colty's friends can all ride their bikes without training wheels, so he has been trying really hard to learn to do so as well, and he has it figured out.  He wants to practice all afternoon, and he is really getting good fast!  He started on the little tiny bike, but he has now decided he can do the bigger bike. 
And, now that it is officially fall and the month of October, we pulled out the Halloween decor.  We needed something else cool so the boys and I made the neat spooky guys for family home evening.  The boys are so proud!  Colt did the ghost, Brady the pumpkin, and Tanner the Frankenstein.  The Mummy make the mummy, and I of course helped with the faces.  It is fun to have a "holiday shelf!"


2 comments:

ashley said...

you are always up to something!! you are an awesome lady. we love your family!

Chantalle R. said...

I thought I did a lot of canning,but your canning amount blows mine out of the water!! Good for you! Love the Halloween Deco! speaking of potatoes, we went to Bryanhead for the weekend and at the little still about ten min away from the cabin they were selling potatoes for 78 cents a piece. I told John 1 potato better be 3 pounds for me to pay that kind of price. Thanks for the post!