chevron

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Wow! I am an old woman now! THIRTY!?!? And what a wonderful birthday it was....filled with fun, love, and many birthday wishes. I have learned in the last 30 years that people are very busy around my birthday, and so if I want to be "celebrated" the day of the 23rd isn't the easiest for most. So, I decided to have a bit of a "shin-dig" on the 22nd. ( I don't know why, but that one day makes big differece as to who will be around) I love parties, so I had a "murder mystery" party. I found one online that could have up to 20 people, so I bought it. My wonderful friend Mindy helped me organize and host it, since she felt it was wrong for me to have my own birthday party. The hardest part of course is deciding who to invite, because I would like to invite everyone I know, of course. We had the party here, gave out food assignments, and had a wonderful time. It was really quite easy as I didn't have to do much of anything but clean my house. The food and entertainment were provided. (and if anyone wants to borrow the party, it was a download so I can email it to you. I am happy to share!)


They used sparklers as candles!  It takes more than just air to put these babies out!

Our friends the Carlson's came from Yakima area and stayed the night and then hung out with us the whole next day, which was wonderful.  We had waffles and ice cream for breakfast of course, and then went ice skating. That was an adventure.  The boys were great at ice skating while we were on the carpet, but once we got to the ice, it was slipping and sliding all over the place.  Poor Tanner has noodle legs, Braden thinks his legs are helicopter propellers, and Colt is a bit unsteady.  We had a fun time and I laughed my head off at these weird-o boys, but in the end I think everyone kind of had the hang of it.








Then lunch at Red Robin...yum.

After naps and resting we went to the Lindes and had a pizza party.  The kids played and the adults played games.  It was such a wonderful, fun, and special day!  Maybe 30 won't be so bad!

1 comment:

pitterbecky said...

Looks like an awesome birthday Kate! I would totally be interested in getting the murder mystery game if you really wouldn't mind e-mailing it to me. We have to let our friends recover from our huge New Year's Eve
Party and then we can host again and this sounds like a great idea!