chevron

Saturday, August 9, 2014

I love you a Bushel and a Peck

Months ago Grammy called me and asked if I would organize a family reunion for the Poteet clan.  She and Grandad counted and realized they have 75+ posterity and that it would be a good idea to get them together.  It is also her 90th birthday this year which I think is worth celebrating as well.  So I contacted all my cousins and organized a reunion for August.  Everyone except Barb's family was able to come.  We had cousins from all over the country come and it was so wonderful.  Everyone had fun playing games, talking, swimming, playing, eating, being together, slip n sliding, taking pictures, laughing, crafting, bottle rockets, and catching up. We slept in tents in the yard and the weather ended up being just fine, although we were worried about a storm coming through.  Aunt Sherma and Uncle Rick had the perfect sized family room for us to watch a slide show and play Poteet Jeapordy.  I am sure everyone was glad to be there for Grammy and Grandad.







No comments: