chevron

Sunday, April 5, 2009

OCD

I am a little concerned about my almost 4 year old, who I am pretty sure needs counselling. Tanner will no longer lift the toilet seat to go potty, has to have someone put licorice in his mouth so he doesn't touch it, eats almost every meal with a wet papertowel sitting next to him so he can wipe his hands, and has changed his favorite food (red jam) because it gets him sticky. It is kind of freaky. We have tried to convince him that he can open the toilet with toilet paper so his hands don't get germy, and I allow the wet papertowel at meals. But, I don't know how much is too much!! I saw adults on Oprah once that had this problem and they couldn't hold jobs and function normally because of their fear. When do I stop this madness?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Why didn't I know this? Just keep trying to get him to do things, and if he keeps it up, then maybe you need help, knowing how to help him. Maybe he could teach Matthew a few things, though!

Lacey said...

Oh Kate! I laughed and laughed about the bead but only because I can relate. Landon went thru a phase when he stuffed everything up the nose... skittles, fries, foam....which was the hardest to get out. Don't worry about the OCD. AT least he is clean.