chevron

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Kate

To me, birthdays should be a HUGE celebration. It is a time to let someone know how much they mean to you, how grateful you are for them in your life. And, having a December birthday, I have always been quite disappointed because there is so much other stuff going on that nobody has time or makes effort to remember or recognize my birthday. I know, I am now 28, and it is time to get over it. But that is how I feel. I am happy to say, that this is the first year in a long time that I felt like my friends wanted me to feel special. (Maybe it is because they hear me boob about it all the time.) And, Dave, is such a good sport and is willing to do anything for me. I have a really good friend with a December birthday that feels the same way I do, so we threw ourselves a little birthday bash, and although most everyone we invited was too busy to come and or stay long, it was fun to at least have each other. Then my girlfriends gave me a lunch party and it was nice to just visit and enjoy the afternoon. We went to the cabin for the Christmas holiday on my birthday, so Dave got up early and made us waffles with ice-cream for our birthday breakfast tradition, and then we opened presents. He did good this year....I love everything I got! My mom and dad got me a juicer too, so now I won't have to keep borrowing mom's. It was a nice day. I had lots of friends call and leave messages, and send emails. I even had a nice card or two in the mail or left on the doorstep. So, thanks to everyone. It was a great birthday!

No comments: