chevron

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there who love us, and that we love. Dave and I had to speak today in our new ward, and it wasn't a very good Mother's Day present to me, it was good to get over. I spoke on a "Mother's Heart" and Dave spoke on "The Sacred Nature of Motherhood." Time ran short for both of us, so we ended up cutting our talks, but we both received many compliments on a job well done. Dave said some really nice things about the mother of his children, which doesn't happen very often in public, so I really appreciated it. He also talked about how much he loves his mom and how he wouldn't be who he is with out her.
I also spoke about how much I love my mom too. She is a woman with a mother heart, and I appreciate all she has done for us. I don't know what we would have done without her being there for us, helping us when we needed her - after having a baby, when we got in our accident, when we moved, or when she has taken the kids when we need to do something without them. She is a wonderful person, and I love her.I also want to pay tribute to my friends, women with mother hearts. Even those who haven't had opportunity to have the families they have wanted, I appreciate the example of true women of God you are. Thank you for living the lives you live, and loving the youth that let you lead them. And to my friends who have adopted my children, thanks for sharing your mother hearts with them. I know that you sent a piece of that heart with us to WA. And to the women with large families, doing what you know is right, even when the world doesn't agree, thank you for raising children up in the Lord, preparing future missionaries, and teaching behaviors in line with the teachings of the living prophets.Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

1 comment:

Suzette said...

That's sweet! Glad they are putting you to work in your ward.