chevron

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A long catch up post!

Well, it has been a while.  Since our move the end of October, I have had a very sick computer, no internet to that sick computer, and then a sick laptop that did have the internet.  Sad life.  But, the good news is that while we had a funeral for the laptop, we now have a new PC and it is fast and super fancy (it will take some time getting used to Windows 7)!!!

The week of Thanksgiving we got 8 inches of snow.  That is a lot of snow for this area. When we moved to Kennewick we were told over and over - "You will love the mild winters!  If we get snow, it is like a few inches and it is melted by the end of the day".  Well, either we brought the snow with us, or we were lied to, cuz it is still here.  And, Kennewick city has 60K + people, and only 2 snowplows.  Needless to say, the roads are a mess!  The kids missed like 3 days of school and had a delay start one day.  It is finally warming up a touch, so now the roads are a slushy mess.  The boys sure enjoyed playing in the snow.  The first day we had the snow, they played outside 3 different times.  It was sure fun!!





But, of course the snow came just in time for Thanksgiving travels.  I was kind of a mess because I have a real fear of slick roads, but Dave and my parents convinced me that we would be okay, so we went to Rupert for Thanksgiving.  I am so glad we went.  It was a long drive, but the boys did so well in the van.  We spent time with all those we love the most, (minus Mills family that couldn't make it due to weather and distance), and saw lots of cousins and family.  All of my siblings were there for turkey dinner, and we stayed at Grammy and Grandad's, which is always so fun.  We had a fun time playing games and watching movies and being together. 




I love this picture.  Lisa is swallowing her pie, all in one gulp!

Tanner just walked over and gave Grandad a hug.  I was glad I captured it, even if it was a bad angle.


playing Mexican Train



I made this tutu for Madolyn, and she and Colty were dancing in it!  They danced and danced and danced!
Then on Saturday we went to Declo to see Mills family.  Only Melissa and Klade and Mom & Dad Mills were there, but it was fun to visit and for the kids to see cousins.  I just really think that it is important to kindle that relationship.  We missed those that weren't there.




Amanda came back to WA with us, and it was so fun to have her. She stayed for a week and we got so much done. We went through lots of boxes and got Christmas decor all up and pics on the walls, and I dare say we are all moved in now. It was such a fun thing for me to have her here. We really love our Auntie!!




This pic is so funny.  Colton took it, and Braden was sitting next to me.  We said to Colt, "Just try to get the girls in the pic", so he did.  Cut Braden right out!  What a great photographer!
 
Well, now that my house is back together, hopefully the next post will be pics of my house for all to enjoy!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I seriously can't believe all that snow! Last winter was so mild! (have you heard that a time or two :) But you are probably use to it from living in Idaho. Glad you had a happy turkey day beautiful lady!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I wish I could have been there with all the family for Thanksgiving too! But I'm glad you posted pictures so I could see, especially the one of Lisa and your mom! :)