chevron

Thursday, March 3, 2011

One year older and wiser too...

One year ago today:
  • Dave started his new job in Washington. 
  • I spent the afternoon in Dave's apartment making freezer meals for him to eat while I lived 600 miles away.
  • I wasn't sure I would ever figure out where things are in this town.  Other than Winco!
  • My little boys were at grandma's - Braden very fevered and grandma very tired.
  • Braden had a bridge on his teeth and we were pretty sure they were going to fall out after the superman flight off the top bunk
  • We were living in a world of unknowns - will the house sell, will we be happy in WA, when will we move, where will we all live when we get here, how are we going to leave our wonderful friends in Sugar City, etc, etc, etc.
Today, one year later:
  • Dave loves his job.  He has moved up faster than we anticipated and is planning the season for his own fields this year.  He drives a work truck, has his own desk, ipad, and laptop, and is very happy.
  • I am cooking in my new large kitchen.  We went from renting Dave's 2 bed apartment, to a 3 bed apartment, and now own a beautiful 4 bedroom home.  (I guess that the good news is that we upgraded each move!)
  • I have the town figured out, and what I don't know how to find, I take TomTom with me!
  • My boys are still sick - but luckily not with the same thing as they had a year ago.  Colds are the pits!!
  • Braden has a mouthful of beautiful teeth.  He is talking and dancing and climbing and so much fun, and he has a beautiful smile withouth any bridges or damaged or missing teeth.  Tanner on the other hand now has a mouth of "silver" teeth.
  • We still live in a world of unknowns - but they seem less frightening.  We still have a house in Idaho that needs to be sold, but we have great renters in it.  We are continuing to get to know our neighbors and ward members and are making new friends.  And we keep in touch with our dear friends and family so far away!  (we are planning to visit over spring break too!)
Although our situation wasn't ideal, and many days were spent in frustration, aggrevation, and tears, we can all agree that there were many priceless memories and times spent in our "compartment" and we learned to rely on each other and be outgoing.  We learned that even when life flips upside down and it feels like prayers aren't being heard or answered, sometimes we have to be patient and wait for the Lord's plan to unfold.  We are so grateful to be where we are now, and are loving the journey  - at least today.  :}

3 comments:

williamswildbunch said...

nicely written. I am glad that everything is going well. Haven't talked to you in forever. Have a good day.

Jen said...

I was just doing a little online browsing, and thinking of you, and when you left, and Dave's job, and your house here. (I'm trying to figure out how to write the "twilight zone" song here...do do do do, do do do do) Still miss you!

Em and Russ said...

We're grateful you are here too. Sorry we don't visit more, life is very very busy.

Hope you guys are able to survive without us .. . . I know it must be difficult.

Russ