chevron

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A weekend retreat

My friend Ashley was heading to Seattle to see a friend and get away for a few nights and invited me to go.  Harvest started the following week so I knew this was my last chance to breathe deeply for the next 6 weekday.  Dave was kind enough to add being mom to his stresses and we headed of on Friday afternoon.  That night we hit ikea and had a great time looking at fun things.  Ash was looking for a bed and sadly they were out off all the ones she loved.  We stayed in north Seattle with our friend Anika and her family.  It was a nice little apartment with her quiet little family and really big dog.  On Saturday we walked across the street to a crepe cafe and had breakfast and then came back and headed to the beach.  Although the weather was very Seattley (overcast and chilly) we had a fun time.  That afternoon we sat around and napped and read, then that night just us girls went to a deli for dinner and then to an improv show.  It was so funny our cheeks were aching from all the laughing!  It was clean family fun and we had a delightful time.  Sunday morning we laid around and had breakfast made for us by Anika's husband the drove home early afternoon.  It was so fun to get away and Dave had a great time with the kids.  He keeps telling me I should leave more often.  He better be careful what he wishes for...





2 comments:

ashley said...

thanks for coming it was fun. um, the picture of me petting tango is a little freakish...am i molesting her or getting ready to pounce, can't tell??!!

Collier Family said...

How fun!! Your hair looks nearly blonde!! Did you do that or was it weird lighting? I like it! And your garden is pretty! Bring some of your celery, I'll eat it! ;)