chevron

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy garden!!!!

I was so sad at the beginning of the summer.  I might even have shed a tear about how pathetic my garden is.  I planted my beans twice, and after the wind destroyed them both times I dug them under.  One Saturday while being in the depths of despair I went to Home Depot to browse the garden section.  I came home with pumpkin, cantaloupe, and watermelon plants.  I knew they would take over the world if they really grew, but I didn't care.  Now I have pumpkins growing all over including one hanging between 2 tomato cages, I have little watermelons that are ripe but not necessarily my fave, and the yummiest little cantaloupes.  My cucumbers have done great and I was giddy with excitement the other day as I picked a grocery sack of tomatoes and peppers.  Dave said to take lots of pictures so I will always remember my happy little garden of overgrowth!  My celery is awesome too.  (Too bad I don't love to eat celery)

No comments: