chevron

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Break

I was planning on a nice little road trip, fields of blooming tulips, and new sites and places for Spring Break - but my ideas got veto'd and we stayed home.  For my own sanity though, we planned something fun for each day.

Monday - I took the kids and Will and Issy to McDonalds for lunch.  After lunch I brought all the kids back to our house and they had fun digging and playing in the dirt.  Then that evening we went to the new trampoline park in Kennewick.  We invited some other families to meet us there, but only one family had everyone jump and stayed as long as we did.  Who knew rows of trampolines could be so much fun!  I think Dave had as much fun (or more) than the kids.  And the foam pits were a blast.  They were like jumping into a cloud - until you tried to get out of them...that was a major work out.












 
 Tuesday - we had the Schmidt's over for a hot dog roast.  (I forgot to take pics.)  It was such a nice evening and the kids played outside and the adults visited.  This is what I had in mind when we wanted a little more land.

Wednesday - we went to the arcade/bowling alley.  I had lots of arcade cards that I had been collecting from here or there, and everyone loves to bowl. Then we went to Bob's Burgers for dinner.  Yum!

Thursday - we hiked Badger Mountain.  It is the "hill" you can see from our front porch, so we decided we needed to mark it off our bucket list.  It took us an hour to go up, and 1/2 and hour to come down.  Then we had a picnic in the car because it was getting too chilly and windy.




Dave's finger is touching our house.
 
 Friday - I took the boys and 2 of their friends to the movie "Peabody and Sherman".  They loved it. We were the only ones in the theater until right before it started and then 3 other small groups joined us.


Even though it wasn't my dream vacation, the boys had such a good time playing with each other and catching up with friends and relaxing.  

No comments: