chevron

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!!!

We have had some of the craziest weather lately. Dave is wondering if we live in the rain forest. Our ground is so saturated that it just can't handle another drop of water. It has rained every day for at least 2 weeks, and we are now 4X our average for the month. Dave got a rain gauge and checks the Vipir on the internet all day long, so I call him our local weather man.
Every day it seems to be sunny for a while, and then in the afternoon the black clouds roll in and they open up and dump on us. We are wet!!
Our poor garden. The corn is yellow and drowning. Someone at church last week said that the saints are such faithful tithe payers that we are being blessed with moisture, but now we need to start paying our tithing so it stops raining. I thought that was so funny.


Next week is supposed to be sunny all week. Hopefully we get enough to dry out a little bit and our garden will be able to grow. I think that the corn will be "knee high by the 4th of July" if we could just get a little sun. But, I won't complain, because it has sure been nice to have the water bill cut down this month. It takes a lot of water to get grass seed to grow, and we have been blessed to have it watered everyday without much effort on our part. And, I am happy to announce that we really do have a lawn back there now!!! HURRAY!!

1 comment:

Hohmann Family said...

I can't remember if you guys are still in my hometown or not. I didn't realize that it was quite THAT much rain that you've been getting. I'm a little jealous. We kept getting the clouds, the wind, and even the smell for about a month. But it only teased us with some sprinkling here and there.