chevron

Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer has come!



For some reason it feels like it just suddenly showed up, but I think summer is finally here. We have been playing outside quite a bit, and it is so enjoyable. We have to avoid the backyard for the next few months while our grass grows, so we sit in the shade in the front. We have also enjoyed some fun bike rides, and Tanner is quite the little rider. I have also discovered that my bike trailer works great as a stroller, so we have been "exercising" about daily with a good walk. I enjoy when Tanner will ride his bike so I can put the baby in the trailer instead of in the tummy pack, but either way it is good for me to get moving a little. The boys love it when Dave is home and joins us.
This last weekend we worked in the yard all day, moving a bush here and there, transplanting some flowers and bulbs, and making the flowerbeds look the way I want them too. Dave moved a sprinkler head and we dreamed of the day when we could do more with our yard, but sadly, sweat won't pay for the supplies. Then, we got a HUGE rainstorm on Saturday night, and everything is wet again today. Kind of fun to have a little rain when it is so hot. There is nothing quite as miserable as it being so hot all the time that the house won't even cool off in the evening. Luckily, here in Sugar City, that just doesn't happen too often!

1 comment:

The Richards Family said...

I can't believe Tanner is 4 either. That was quite the cake you made...i think I need to take some lessons. Your entries always make me laugh. Keep them coming and call me sometime.

Brooke