chevron

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave

Dave turned the BIG 32 on Oct 22.  He said that he had been thinking about turning 31 all week and how old that seemed, then it dawned on him that he was turning 32.  We had our traditional waffles and ice cream for breakfast, and since harvest is basically over, he stuck around that morning long enough to have a little party.  He opened his presents, a T-fal pan set (he always whines about how much he hates our pans and loves the one T-fal that we have. Now he has a whole set!) and a new, fluffy pillow.
I can't believe how grown up Braden looks in this picture.  :(


The boys had such a good time using our old pans to play "cook" with and they have played it nearly every day since.
 Then that night we went to a Halloween Murder Mystery party.  I was Pummy Kenface and Dave was Tankenstein.  He grumbled about having to dress up, but he went all out and looked great. It was a fun evening without our children, and enjoying the company of some friends too.
Then on Saturday we celebrated with a steak and shrimp dinner (homemade, thank you) and a tractor cake.  When we first moved here we went to a service auction put on by the YW in the ward.  They were selling services and we bought a birthday cake.  I was a little worried that it would be a nasty cake decorated like a 12 year would do, but boy was I wrong.  I was a fantastic surprise.  She did a wonderful job and the cake not only fit Dave perfectly, it was very tasty.

I think he is feeling a little depressed here by the fact that the cake is nearly on fire because of so many candles.
We have some of the BEST blowers!!
We sure love our Daddy and hope he had a happy birthday!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Dave!! And I love the costumes...Dave looks so happy :)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to Dave!!!(we forgot, sorry!) You guys are a party a minute! Good luck with all the fun happening this weekend. (one of these nights very soon, I won't fall asleep nursing late, while feeling guilty about all the things I'm not getting done; and update my blog!)

Em and Russ said...

I think it is funny that Dave got the new pots and pans. That is what I'm going to do for Russ' next birthday. Get him something that I will use!