chevron

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Across the street, yet a whole world away

Why is it that if someone is no longer in our ward, we discount them as moved away, not my concern, out of my league, out of sight out of mind, and nearly dead.....

We have moved into this beautiful home, something I had been praying for for months and months.  And yet, here I sit and tearfully wonder if this is really what I wanted.  All of my friends that so graciously accepted us the last 7 months and made us feel welcome in this foreign land, have somehow abandoned us.  Maybe not all of them, and maybe they are just having a busy month....but I feel that way.  My friends from preschool group act like they don't have anything to say to me, and my friends that called constantly the week I moved (and caused me to go over in minutes on my cell phone) haven't called once.  That is right, not one of them have called me since we moved.

And, I have really tried, but I don't have anyone that I would even call a potential friend in this new ward.  The bishopric hasn't come over, the RS president left cookies on the doorstep, and frankly, I feel lonely.

4 comments:

Em and Russ said...

I know how you feel! We were in a very small, intimate ward, where we were friends with everyone. Since we have moved, we never see or hear from anyone, and we haven't really made any friends in the new ward, even though we have been here almost a year now. There is a great article in the August 2010 Ensign that talks about this very thing. I suggest reading it.

Kris and Sam said...

Moving is so hard to do! It always takes me a long time to settle in and feel like I belong in a new spot. We've lived in our house for a year and a half now and it was really hard at first. We still don't have any friends in our town (despite every trick in the Ensign...but that was still a good article...it may just be that we're unloveable...or that EVERYONE here is at least eighty...sigh). Hang in there! Bit by bit you'll settle in and it will truly feel like home.

The Richards Family said...

Truer words could not be spoken! You find out who your real friends are when you move away...that is for darn sure. Hopefully you will find some soon because it sure makes for some long and lonely days without any. Cute cowboys by the way...i love how you make things so special for your family. They will thank you someday for sure. You look so good by the way...Zumba is the best! Thanks for your comments on my blog...love you Kate!

Brittany said...

That makes me sad :( I wish I didn't have to leave. Hope you meet some new friends soon. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend!!