chevron

Thursday, November 4, 2010

We are home!

Well, it was very crazy, but we actually got moved this last weekend!!!  We were supposed to close on Friday, Oct 29, and when we closed on our house in Sugar we got the keys when we signed the paperwork and moved right in.  Well, I guess that isn't the norm, because usually the keys aren't given until the loan is funded, which the next business day after the papers are signed.  After a dozen (at least) emails and phone calls back and forth from the loan officers, we got the loan approved on Friday at 4:45pm, special permission to have early occupancy, and moved in on Friday night, starting at 5:30pm.  Saturday we cleaned the apartment, unloaded boxes, and moved in more furniture with the help of the WONDERFUL Carlsons, and then went to the Halloween party.  (more pics and info to come) 

The good news is, we are HOME!!

My latest favorite saying is:  Life takes you to unexpected places, Love brings you home!

3 comments:

Em and Russ said...

Wahoo!!! I'm glad we could help and get everything taken care of. You see, you are blessed when you do what's right.

My wrist was already having issues, but like my pre-surgery injury, it was already hurt, so what's a little more right? I just took some medicine then all was better.

BTW, I frequently blog in third person. I like to have it appear as though someone else is blogging about our family. I'm not sure why, but I do.

Congrats on your new place, it looks great, and would look even better with some nice flowering pear trees back there!!!!

Kris and Sam said...

Hooray! And good luck unpacking...that's alwyas a real drag for me. But it's so nice when you have everything done. Congrats!

JJLanier said...

Hooray! This is exciting! Just in time for the holidays! I'm sure you will love coming home to your new home after every trip. I know I do.