chevron

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Reaching out

I had a very emotional week, and I am happy to say that I am better.  I have learned if nothing else that I have some very, very good friends, even if they all don't live in my neighborhood.  Thanks to you that called or commented.  I love you, and I know I am loved too. 

It has been interesting to me, and maybe I have been extra reflective this week because I have to speak on Sunday on "The Love of God", the many stories of members of Christ's church who feel lonely, outcast, and unloved.  I decided that maybe the thing that I, and maybe others too, are to learn from this is that we need to be the ones to reach out to others so that they don't have the same experience that I am having.  Yes, it is not easy to find that friend that will be there no matter what, and I thank Heavenly Father for the ones I have in my life like that, but I can be the one that says hi at RS or makes a point to smile introduce myself after Sacrament Meeting to a new person, or even visitor. My mom always says: There is someone in your ward that is looking for a friend, they might not know it, but you can be that friend.   As Pres Uchtdorf said, "Love should be our walk and our talk" as disciples of Christ.

And, so, let's be His Hands, and reach out to those needing a little love, cuz don't we all?

No comments: