chevron

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flutter Free

It was time to let our Painted Ladies go.  (Mostly cuz I was tired of worrying about feeding them and such.)  So, on a FINALLY sunny and less-windy day, we let them flutter free.

Did you know that a Painted Lady butterfly can fly up to 1,000 miles in it's lifetime, which averages 2-4 weeks?  In that time they can lay up to 500 eggs.  (seems like a lot of work for a short life!)





 This is our crippled friend.  His wing came out bent like that.  He can't fly, so we hope that he enjoys his new life on the flowers, or wherever the wind might take him. (I am trying not to be emotional about it.)

 The skeletons of the chrysallis's.  Can you tell I am fascinated by the whole process?
And a few pics of the colors in my yard.  I felt like everything was so plain.  So, I spruced it up the best I could with flower and pots and roses.  The front yard is nicely landscaped with rocks, which look nice but aren't the most gardener friendly.  Hard to plant flowers through.  So, I made do, and I am quite happy.


No comments: