chevron

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh the fun we have been having...

I have always been bugged by people who say that they are too busy, because I think we are only as busy as we let ourselves become.  And, I would like to say, I have become too busy! So, the lat few weeks I have been trying to cut out the extra stuff and just do what I want to do.  Here are some of the highlights...

For Easter the boys got a Butterfly garden.  We ordered the caterpillers and watched them grow to 3 or 4 times their size, and then hang upside down and turn into J's, and then crysallis's.  It was really fascinating. 

Then after about 10 days, they emerged into butterflies.  We had 5 caterpillers, one of the butterflies was born with only 1 wing, and 1 has a lame wing that is like folded over, but the other 3 are healthy and fluttery. They are called Painted Ladies, and are orange and pretty when they are open, but when closed, look similar to a moth.  (Although Tanner would tell you they aren't a moth because moths have wings that are hooked together and butterflies are separate.)  You can see the chrysallis skelatons here too.

 Oh, can't forget the FHE fishing trip we had and Tanner was the only one that caught one.  He said to put this picture on so Uncle J could see it.
 They have started the splash parks since we finally have some warm weather, so we enjoyed a picnic and splash park last week with our friends Ashlee and Ryan.  We like to spend lots of time with them.

Friday night Dave decided to take the boys camping, in the backyard.  They were so excited!!  We borrowed the neighbor's fire pit and roasted marshmallows and sang songs.  The boys love some of the silly girls camp songs and ask me to sing my "Me that live on temporary housetop, me that live on 31st and floor.  Me that carry itsy bitsy laundry, ruffles on the petticoats, 10 cents more.  Me like a meow meow better than and chow chow. Me like a a hunk-a-hunk-a, he like-a me.  Way down Hong Kong bigg-a momma come-along-a, take away my hunk-a hunk-a.  Poor chinese."  (Yes, Suzette, I do think this song is appropriate to teach my children!)

We slept in the tent but it ended up being a windy night and at about 3 am I got up and came to my own bed where I didn't have to hear the rain fly whapping against the tent.  It was a fun evening. We are lucky to have such a fun Dad!

Tanner has been doing soccer with the city for the last 6 weeks, and I am OVERJOYED that this was our last week.  It wasn't very organized, and it was every Saturday at 9 am, which is simply not a good idea for me.  But Tan had fun and really likes soccer.


I have been doing a bit of crafting lately.  I have decided that I really like to use my Cricut, and have done some fun things for myself and others.


my laundry room

Mom's family room - her family tree


Gifts I am making for friend's b-days.  They are on 4 inch tiles


For Tanner's teacher.  On a 6 inch tile.
I also made a really nice sign for my Mom's wall, but I don't have a pic.

This week we are having a yard sale, and hoping for more sunshine.  I am so looking forward to the wind slowing down, (stopping would be a miracle), and maybe having my garden grow?  I am also anxious for school to get out and am trying to plan some vacations this summer.

1 comment:

Em and Russ said...

Woot!!!! I love camping!!!! We get to take Mirian for the first time this coming weekend. Not sure how it's going to work out, but you never know until you try right????

RUss