chevron

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day

The other day when I was buying garden stuff at Home Depot I saw a BBQ grill that was beautiful. I have been wanting to buy Dave a new one for a long time, and we left our grill when we moved because it was basically junk. I guess there was a big sale the weekend before at Home Depot and they had the Pro Series Brinkman Grill for $199, regularly $349. I had the manager come talk to me and he told me that there was 5 left and he would sell them for the sale price until they were gone. I was ready to buy one, but all of the grills were assembled, and I knew there was no way I could fit it in my van by myself, and then get it out and hide it for Father's Day. So, I snagged and ad with the specs and came home and confessed to Dave my ideas. On Saturday we went back to Home Depot and they had 3 left, one which had a dent in the top. We asked the kid if he would give us a discount if we took the damaged goods. He said, "Sure, I'll give you 10% off." Dave wheeled it to check out, and we got out of there with a new grill for $193 total out of pocket. Dave was smiles from ear to ear.
It was a little tricky to get it home, and get it up the stairs, but it is very fancy.
The manual says it will grill 39 hamburgers, (Dave said they must be McDonald's sized,) but I say, I can't wait until we have that many friends to grill a hamburger with.
We have eaten some tasty steaks and pork chops. Amazing to have a grill that cooks so evenly!! We even had asparagus tonight cooked on the side burner. Delightful!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is fantastic! What a steal. We also left our crappy little grill at "home" and are planning on buying a new one for fathers day. Our lives seem to be a lot a like these days. haha

The Rich's said...

wow what a deal. I have been wanting to get Brian a nice grill but I don't know if I would be taht lucky to get a deal like that! Sure wish we were closer and we would bring the beef and we could have a hamburger party! Miss you guys!

Debbi and Brian said...

I don't think I want Brian to see that! It took me awhile, but I finally looked up your page. You can be proud of me, I didn't even mess it up! Hope all is well with you there. We really miss you here!
Debbi K.
Never mind, I don't know what Select Profile means!