chevron

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saying Goodbye

The worst part of moving is saying goodbye. Packing is no fun, cleaning is miserable, but goodbyes are heart-wrenching. We found a new home for our kitty because we just really didn't think she would be happy in an apartment, or in the moving truck for that long. I feel very comfortable with the family that took her, and I know they will love her. We had Squirrel for 5 years, and she was a part of our family. We will miss her.
Braden has really come to love his friend Maycie. Everytime they get together they have to hug, over and over again.My sweet friends Jenn and Debbi had a final lunch with me before we left. It was very relaxed and enjoyable. I love these gals and will miss them. I feel very confident when I say that these are friends I will have forever. (The funniest part about this picture is that we had the 4 and 5 year olds taking the pictures. Of two cameras and a dozen pictures, this is the best one....at least we are all in it!) Thanks for all they ways you have helped me become the mom I am, and for teaching me what a true friend is!
We will miss "Stillman" very much. She always spoils the boys and I have loved her as a dear friend. Because of her, I have a very strong testimony of visiting teaching. As partners, I think we caught the vision of what the VTing program is intended to be. We became best friends, and became so close to the gals we visit with that they changed our lives. I only wish Kathy knew just how much she is loved.
Emmie is Colty's girlfriend, and I am not sure how either of them is going to function in primary without eachother. I remember probably 2 or so years ago Colty climbed in bed with Dave and I and said, "Emmie go-fren". They love each other, and hopefully they will find each other at BYU-Idaho in 18 years and will rekindle that love. We can't wait for them to come and visit, which they promised they would do.

1 comment:

JJLanier said...

A wonderful bunch of posts! I hope things are going well in your new home! I miss you even though we already lived far away! I always felt like you were close since we would see you every now and then. We'll have to coordinate a visit sometime when you plan on being in Utah. How sad to leave such dear friends! I know you will make new friends there! You are such a wonderful friend! Love you.