chevron

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feeling Blue

One of the things we love to do is go to the library. Kennewick has a very nice library and we go at least once a week. We pick out a big stack of books, and read read read. They also have some fun quiet toys that are fun to play with, and they have 2 computers set up for kids to play games on. We have a very fun time. They also have story time 3 times a week, and we try to go to at least one of them. It is a good time!!
The other day we got a book called "Grey Mouse".

It is a book about a mouse who feels blue.
So, we talked about what that meant. Colty said, "I feel blue too." I said, "Why?" He said, "Cuz I miss Matthew and Emmie." Then we read a book called "We're all in the same boat."
And we talked about what that meant and that we are all in the same situation and we all miss our friends and our Sugar City, but we can find new fun things in Kennewick too.

4 comments:

williamswildbunch said...

Looks like you are adjusting well. That's funny about the missionary stories. You are doing the same things I did when I first moved to a new town. We spent tons of time at the library and the parks. Now that we are in our own house it seems like we hardly ever get to go anymore. When I look back, I actually have great memories being in limbo, living in a rental and just finding stuff to keep us sane. Keep it up! your doing great things.

Suzette said...

That's a hard adjustment. I've been praying for your house to sell. Just so you know. :) Hope that library has Dr. Quinn for you to check out.

Tess Vrska said...

Hey Kate- Sounds like I'm in the same boat with yah! I am going stir crazy not working. How do I handle being a stay at home mom with nothing that is familiar around me to do? Like you Diesel and I spend a lot of time at the library and reading lots of books. We miss you guys lots!!

Janel said...

We miss you too and that blog makes me want to cry!! Okay, I did cry just a little!!