chevron

Monday, April 11, 2011

And here we have Idaho....

A trip to Sugar City was a must.  I haven't been to our house in a while, and I have never met our renters.  Plus, there are so many people we love, it just had to happen. 

Our first stop was in Idaho Falls at The Legacy Network.  Why not?  Then to Arctic Circle for lunch with our favorite Sister Rose.  We miss her since she has moved, and it was nice to sit and visit over Ranch Burgers while the kids played.  Then we headed to Sugar City.  (Although the boys have city and state confused and were sure we were in Sugar City all along.) 

We stopped at Bollars first, to see Colty's long lost love, Emmie.  They played and we visited.  Then we went to Kinghorns.  Again, the kids played and Debbi I caught up.  Then to Taylors.  We stayed for a while, then Jennifer and I went to see Grandma Sonderegger and meet with my renters.  It was nice to do both.  The house looks great.  Holly was very nice and keeps a clean home from what I can tell.  They are really hoping to buy the house, and so are we!  Wouldn't that just be wonderful!?! 

The evening was spent at Taylors with pizza for dinner, then a ladies night with some of my favorite people.  I just love getting together with people I adore!   I really miss the people in Sugar City.  The weather on the other hand, is something I don't miss.  And, yes, it is snowing on our Spring Break.

 The boys had a fun sleepover on the floor.  There is just something about sleeping bags that make everything just a little more adventurous!
 Saturday morning we got up and Jen and I were headed to Zumba.  We picked up Cami at her apartment, then were sadly dissappointed that there was no zumba to be found. They must have cancelled for Spring Break, or maybe graduation.  So, we went back to Taylors and did Just Dance on the Wii.  Then the boys decided to make snowmen, so we enjoyed their creativity. 





 There ended up being a whole family of them, six in total.  I was so impressed that these little boys could do it all by themselves. 
The sun came out and when we left just after noon there was nothing left on the grass except the pile where the snow family met their final destuction - the feet of 3 little boys.  (Boys = contruct and destroy).

Braden loved the horse at both Bollars and at Taylors.  Maybe he will get one for Christmas.  He is definately our little cowboy!

We drove to Blackfoot Saturday afternoon to make a quick stop at G Grandma Peterson's.  I was sad we didn't spend more time there, but I promised that next time we would stay longer.  I was exhausted from all the fun and decided I better catch up with my sisters in Pocatello so they would ride with me and keep me awake.  Cousin Brooke got married on Saturday so the family was all together for the wedding, and we were all headed to Rupert for the reception.  So, I zipped to Pocatello, gathered my additional passengers, and we went to Grammy and Grandad's house.   It was fun again to see my family, and Aunt Susan too. 

The reception that night was very nice.  It is always fun to visit with cousins and other "long lost loved ones".  The Poteet cousins are all married off now, so hopefully my siblings with get their acts together and be next in line!!

Sunday morning we got up and after breakfast headed home to Washington.  It is supposed to be a 7 hour trip, and I am so pleased to say that it only took 7 1/2 hours.  We did have to stop for 2 potty breaks and gas.  We got home just after our Daddy from church.  The roads were clear the whole way, the sun was shining when we got home, and dinner was ready to eat.  What a great day!!
  
We had the funnest Spring Break!  We sure packed a whole lot of fun into 10 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've got to whip your siblings (mostly just Mitch!) into shape! Didn't they get the memo during Conference? :) It was good to see you guys at the wedding festivities!

Chantalle R. said...

If it makes you feel better it snowed on our spring break also... In Las Vegas. I could not believe that we had snow one day and then the next it was 80 degrees. Wacky weather!