chevron

Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun in Utah

Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed watching conference, playing in the sunshine, and just being together.  Everyone was around, and we had such a fun time playing with cousins. We even got to go to a birthday party for Emmalee visiting her grandparents in PG too from North Dakota.





 Tanner really wanted someone to do a flip for him.  Everyone was too scared, so his awesome Mommy showed him how it was done.
 Then Aunt Dawn and Cami had a bum war!
 And no Sunday would be complete without yummy popcorn!
 Sleeping isn't something that anyone is easily talked into, but when it happens it is a blessing!
On Tuesday we got to spend time at the park with friends.  My old roommates met together and we had a fun picnic, blew bubbles, and looked at the horses.



Then Eliza suggested we go to her parents home around the corner and see the animals they have.

Baby chickens...



 Big chickens...
 Baby geese...


 And playground equipment....
The comment was made, "Why did we even go to the park?"  It was fun.  I love spending time with Brooke, Tiffany, Eliza, and Mandy.  These are awesome women that share some of my favorite memories, and have touched my life in ways they will never know.  I am so grateful for such good examples in my life!

Then Tuesday afternoon, Mom, me, Dawn, and Amanda went to BYU to the Carl Bloch art display.  It was so neat to realize the talent of real people.  I was surprised how many paintings were familar to me.  I was touched by this one in particular.  I loved to color red that was familiar in each painting.  And the deep significance to each painting. 
Tuesday night we had a birthday party for Uncle J. 

Wednesday we enjoyed story time at the Provo Library with Madolyn and Avery.  They had fun songs, puppets, and stories.  Brady was impressed and kept saying "more time" when it was over.  Then after a fast stop to Shopko we got to have a tasty stop at Krispy Kremes. 


Thursday Colt woke up with the stomach flu, halting our plans to go to Corinne and then Blackfoot.  But, we decided it must have been for the best, because we went later to Corinne and stayed the night there, and were able to stay inside with the weather took its toll.  On my 1 1/2 hour drive from PG to Corinne, I drove through hail, sleet, snow, RAIN, and slush.  The roads were so wet I kept hydrplaning a little, and my wipers were going so fast, and yet I still could hardly see.  It was nearly miserable.  And, it was so fun to be in Corinne....

Uncle Russ was there from Nebraska.  KaDee was there for the night cuz her parents were out of town.  And Aunt Mandy was there with Emma and Levi.  Grandpa kept saying "We never get company, then we get everyone at once."  We had a nice time visiting and I was so glad that the boys got to play with Emmalee and Levi.  We sure don't see these cousins often enough.  Grandma made us popcorn and pop with the SodaStream.


skyping with the Nebraska boys cousins...we were so sad they weren't there.


Then off to Idaho the next morning...

No comments: