chevron

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

It was a WINDY and blustery day on Easter Sunday, so we did our festivities in the house.  The boys were so excited that it was like punishment that they had to wait to get out of the bath before they could have their egg hunt.  Everyone was a little disappointed that they didn't get to see the Bunny come, but that is how it goes.  Tanner and Colt got new Sunday shirts, a butterfly garden, and a puzzle.  Brady got a Buzz Lightyear buddy and blanket, and all three got new money saving banks with slots for tithing, mission, and fun money.




Then we had a discussion of what Easter really means.  Tanner is so smart, and he would fill in all the details I didn't think they would need to know...like that the guards fell asleep while guarding the tomb and such.    Church was lovely.  Then after church we had 2 families come over for Easter Dinner.  It was so yummy and fun to visit.

I feel so grateful that I know that My Redeemer Lives.  What a blessing to celebrate His life, instead of focusing on His death.  I am so grateful that He loved me enough to make the sacrifice to suffer and give up His life, so that the we can all have the opportunity to Live Again.

One of my favorite Easter stories is about a little boy named Jeremy.  You can read it here.  I know the tomb was empty because He was Risen from the Dead, just like he said he would!

No comments: