chevron

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy 6 Birthday!

Well, the worst thing that could happen to a little boy has happened....Tanner is sick on his birthday.  We had all these great plans, then he came home with a fever after school yesterday. When I picked him up he looked so tired.  I said, "Tan, what is wrong?"  He replied, "nothing.  I am just so excited for my birthday."  If only you could have heard his monotone voice.  No excitement in there.  Then he came home and fell right asleep on the couch.  And that is pretty much where he has stayed.  So, super fun birthday party has been changed to Friday, and I emailed his teacher and we will take our treat on Friday instead.  Dave is going to take lunch to Tanner too, so that will happen Friday as well.  Bummer indeed!

 Only Braden and I enjoyed our traditional waffles and ice cream breakfast.  Tanner thought that is what he wanted, but after one bite he said, "I think I just want to lay down again."

So, I guess today will be a movie day.  Hopefully everyone will be ready for celebrations tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Richards Family said...

Can I come to your house for my birthday??? You are such a good mom!! It seems like kids get sick on their birthdays ALOT! It's a good thing you're flexible...and just switching the day is no big deal!! Love you...call me:)