chevron

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School!

We have had a SUPER fun summer, and I am stoked to have the kids back in school!!

Tanner is in 2nd grade this year and has Mrs. Crandall.  He knows a few of the kids in his class from years previous, and our little neighbor girl that is his friend is in there too.  We don't know much about Mrs. Crandall, but she told the kids she has been teaching for 24 years, so I guess she knows what she is doing. (We hope anyway)

Colt is in 1st grade and has Mrs. Korson, who was Tanner's teacher last year, and we love her.  I am so excited that we get her again this year.  There aren't any kids in his class from the ward or neighborhood, but he doesn't seem to care.  He is excited to follow in Tanner's path and have the same teacher.

The boys have been walking to and from school.  There is a group of 5 kids in our neighborhood that walk together and as mom's we take turns helping them cross the busy street.  We meet them at the corner and make sure we don't have any problems.  It is working out great.

Braden is going to do a mom-teach preschool.  I have been really hesitant, but I was kind of pressured into it, and I think it will be fine.  I am not going to push anything, so if we have a lazy morning and don't make it, I am not going to worry about it.  We are doing a professional curriculum called Mother Goose Time and I am really impressed and excited.  They give you all the material and such from the story and game and calendar for circle time to the craft project, writing sheets, and subjects.  Very cool.  We will start that next week.  And it might be nice to only have Sabree for 2 hours twice a week.

I have also started to watch a little boy 2 times a week for 3 hours each time.  Vincent is 3 like Braden and they so far have played well.  I decided that it will be good for Brady to have someone to play with, plus who couldn't use a couple extra bucks each week.

As much as I love summer and all the fun, I am grateful to be back into a normal routine, and man could my house use a little attention.

1 comment:

Janel said...

They are all getting so big!! My blog never tells me when you update your blog, so I think you need to email me every time you do so I can hear from you personally!! I really miss you and think about you often.