chevron

Monday, August 20, 2012

Ensign Ranch

I love camping.  Dave and I have different opinions about camping - I just like to be in the mountains, spending time outside, and enjoying fresh air.  Dave wants there to be no people, out in the wild and living simply. I want to do dutchovens and have running water. 

So, since I make the plans, we went to Ensign Ranch.  It is a church owned property about 2 hours from home.  We invited 2 families to come with us, and we got bunk houses. There was a slip-n-slide (which was a bit more dangerous than we originally thought), a pond, canoes, and grass, electricity, and flushing toilets and showers. I said it was camping in a glamorous way.  Dave thought there were too many people.  We had a very fun time.













Even Sabree had a great weekend!

2 comments:

JJLanier said...

That sounds like my kind of camping!
I love all the posts from this summer! Love the mohawks! You are such a fun Mom, Kate!
I found an old picture of you and Joe from the spring of 2001. Such good memories from Ricks College!
Sabree is adorable! I'm so glad she is happier!

ashley said...

i want to know what the bunkhouses are like(the family ones right?) I want to do a weekend there with the family in the fall. lets talk.