chevron

Monday, January 17, 2011

Preschool


The last 3 weeks we have had preschool at our house.  Colty is in a co-op preschool, so the moms take turns teaching.  We do it T and TH from 9-11. It has been really fun, and with such a small group, we have a great time.  Colty and Bronx are the only two that will be starting kindergarten this next year, the girls are the year younger.  This does make things a little interesting, as some of them don't even spell their own names yet, but it has been fine so far.  While we had preschool at our house we learned the letters H, W, and N.  Coming up with projects, activities, and educational themes with these letters has been the hardest part for me.  Colty thinks it is fun to have preschool at our house because he gets to be the special helper and pass out the napkins and such.  I wondered how Braden would do, but he thinks he is as big as everyone else, so it was fine.  He climbs up to the table and does what everyone else does.  He did think it was his job to erase the white board, most often before I was done using it!

It is fun to do preschool for a few weeks in a row, but I have decided that my calling in life was not to be a preschool teacher.  I am not creative enough in that department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

The Rich's said...

oh Kate I am sure your a great teacher! If you ever need ideas I got loads of preschool files and ideas. I have been teaching for 5 years now.