chevron

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I take it all back...

A few years ago for my birthday my mom and Dave bought me a Cricut.  I was delighted, and used it a little, then became very disappointed to realize that in order to do much of anything too creative you had to buy different cartridges, at approx. $30 a pop.  Then I found a craft store in Rexburg that would rent the cartridges, so that was fun for a while, until they went out of business.  So, now, here I am, disappointed in this expensive little machine. 

Saturday my friend Brooke invited me to come to a craft open house with her.  It is a group of ladies that craft for fun and then sell their stuff at open houses 3 times a year.  They had lots of cute stuff, and great ideas.  As we started to visit with them, they cut all their vinyl on their cricuts.  I have done vinyl on my cricut, but again, disappointed at the lack of font choices due to the cartridges and the screen.  Then they started talking about these online programs that you pay for 1 time and then hook your cricut up to your computer and use it basically like a printer.  I was sceptical, thinking that my cricut was too plain for such a cool think.  So, we went home and looked it up.  Sure enough, it works on my model.  I came home and downloaded the free trial version.  It wasn't easy getting my computer to recognize the USB port, but I finally got it up and running, and it is so AWESOME!!!!  I can do anything I have ever dreamed of!! I can use ANY font I want, download ANY graphic I want, and design and create on the screen, then sent it to cut on my Cricut!!!  I am so happy I can hardly contain myself. 

I am taking back all the nasty thoughts I have had about my Cricut.  Maybe it will make all my crafting dreams come true.  Now, if only I had a house to decorate....

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I heard about all that online stuff you can do. Happy crafting!

Vrska's said...

Thanks for calling last night! It was soooo good to hear from you! We really miss our friends from Sugar City! Take care and keep in touch!