chevron

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A long week

Last week seemed very long to me.  Maybe it was because we are still trying to get into a routine with school, and let's face it, I am up at least an hour earlier than I have been for a while.  But, I think Colt and I were both a little bored.  I probably need more structure to my days, but sitting around with no where to go, no money to spend, and no one to see makes me feel a little lonely.  Here are some of these things we did to keep ourselves entertained:

Colty pulled out the playdough and he and Braden played and played.  Brady especially loved it.  In fact, he had done it multiple times this week.  I might have mixed the yellow and the red together when I was cleaning up, and when Tanner got home  he let me have it.  I was told that I should "sit on timeout" and "we don't mix colors" and he cried and was MAD!! 

Thursday we went to playgroup at the church because it was too rainy, and the ladies were talking about crafting, which got me in the mood.  So Friday morning we went to the craft store and got some craft things.  Colty and I painted and crafted and had such a good time together.  Colty did the painting of the "I am a child of God" one.  He did such a good job.  These were fun, and we needed a frame for Daddy to take to work of his boys.


Saturday afternoon Dave and I went on a date. It was long overdue.  We have girls that we are comfortable leaving the boys with, but Braden is a mess when he gets left.  So it makes wanting to leave hard.  But, we decided if we go during nap time it is much easier.  Dave starts harvest on Wednesday, and rumor is that I become a widow for 2 or so months thereafter, so we escaped alone for a few hours.  We enjoyed Red Lobster (our new fave) and then drove around without anyone yelling "where are we going" from the backseat.   When we got back we walked down to the United Methodist church on the corner because they were having a community block party.  They had blow up slides, and blow up obstacle courses and jump houses, free hotdogs, popcorn, dutch oven desserts, and sno-cones, games, and prizes and fun-fun-fun.  We had a good time.  Dave said that maybe next week we should try out their congregation.  :)


Today the boys wanted to make a "boys club."  So after church Dad helped them.  They said that they only do boys things, stuff girls won't want to do. Stuff like eat rattle snakes and hot peppers and rabbit and onions.  I don't know about that, but they did sit in the dark with a flash light, eat frozen blueberries (the only fruit Colty will eat besides bananas) and read a story with a flashlight.  They had a great time.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Pretty lady!! I miss you and those little ones! Glad you and Dave were able to get some alone time before the big harvest hits. Your craftiness is awesome and good luck with the gym! I'm hitting it as soon as I get a job and some money!! Hugs!

Jen said...

You guys never stop with the fun and games. Looks like fun to us!!! Love the crafty stuff! Colton did great job. Tell the boys that we love and miss them. Matthew can't wait to see them again!

Em and Russ said...

Looks like you might become Methodist......