chevron

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 5 - PG/SLC

This is our last week on Vacation.  Dad was released from Bishop on Sunday and I was glad we were there.  All the siblings were, except for Jordan.  I think that meant a lot to Dad.  We just hung out in PG for the week.  On Wednesday night Mom invited my local cousins to come for a BBQ.  It was so fun to see Mindy and Sarah and their families.  We have never really spent time together in years and years, so it was fun to catch up.  And, the chicken was fantastic!    It was fun to see the kids play together.  Something about being family just makes it easy to play and be instant friends.

Grandma did a little bit of sewing for the boys, making them new jammie pants.  What would we do without our amazing grandma?

Thursday morning I got up early and got my stuff together and headed to SLC for the TLN Summer Sales Convention.  I was basically in charge of all the registration and such for over 85 agents, plus 15 carriers, so it was a big deal.  I had been working on it a lot, and the convention went wonderful.  The boys stayed to play at Grandma's and I appreciate so much that they are able to do that.  We do the convention at the Grand America in downtown Salt Lake, and it is the most amazing hotel I have every been in. 
I enjoyed a wonderful bubble bath in the garden tub while reading "The Mockingjay", sleeping in a king bed all to myself, and eating amazing foods.  Friday night there was a crazy incident where a man wearing military gear was seen walking out of the parking garage, told some people he was in training, and then started shooting at a police officer.  The cop shot back and killed the man.  They blocked off the roads for the night and did a full blown investigation, all while they left the body of the man on the grass of the hotel.  They didn't cover it or anything, but put yellow tape around him and then had cops guard him with their big guns.  He was behind some bushes, so they probably assumed that nobody could see him, but we could from our hotel rooms.  You can read more on the story from www.ksl.com. I took closer pictures, but Dave is mortified, so I won't post them.  You can see the shooter laying near the bushes being guarded by cops.

Saturday morning I had to present at the convention, and then I met Mom and the boys and Cami in the lobby and we zoomed home.  We left SLC about noon, and pulled into Kennewick 10 hours later.  The boys traveled so great.  There were no complaints from anyone.  Cami drove with me to help with the monkeys, and then she will stay with us until Wednesday then fly home.

Our Daddy was so happy to see us!  And we were happy to see him.  We had the best vacation, but are so glad to be home now.  It was nice to sleep in our own beds and go to our own ward on Sunday too.

No comments: