chevron

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My baby's growing up

Somehow, and I am not sure how, but we have gone from this...

to this...and like overnight it seems!

Tanner started Kindergarten TODAY!!  He was so excited.  He got to ride the bus and was so excited.  We went on Monday and met his teacher and found his classroom.  But it was a long wait to today.  He decided to eat pizza hot lunch today, and was such a big boy. 

The boys getting ready to walk out the door to the bus stop.
Tanner couldn't wait to get there, so he ran ahead.
There was a very nice girl named Gina at the bus stop.  I told her this was Tanner's first time on the bus and she said that she would be his friend to make sure he got off at the right place after school.  She is a 3rd grader.  I hope she does help him.

The bus driver was cute.  She saw me there and had me come introduce Tanner to her, then had him pose for me to take his picture.


Then, we drove over to the school to make sure he got to the right place.  There were so many moms standing there watching their kids, the principal walked past and commented that the ratio of kids to parents was 1:1.  I just watched from the van.  I didn't want to be "one of those".  :)
I hope he has a nice day.  I am excited to hear how it goes!!

Today we take Cami to the airport.  It has been so fun to have her here for the past few days.  The boys love her and we will miss her so much.  Yesterday we went to the Park of Dreams and had a fun time playing and having a picnic.  It was very un-crowded since everyone is in school now.  I forgot my camera, rats!

2 comments:

Greg and Brittany said...

I miss you guys!! Hope all is going well!

Suzette said...

So, did you cry when we left for school?