chevron

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sometimes I amaze myself

The other day my friend told me that when she is feeling down she makes cookies and it makes her feel better about life.  She asked what I do, and I couldn't give a for sure answer.  "Mope" is what I thought.  But, I have been thinking about it since then.  When I am feeling depressed, I like to shop.  Nothing can make you feel better than SAVING money.  Here is my latest deal.

At Albertson's their Kraft Cheese was 2/$4.  I bought 5 of them.
Then I had a $5 off 5 items coupon, and a catalina for buying 5 Kraft items, so my total came to

ZERO!!!!!!  FREE cheese!!

I also decided that I like to cook.  It is very rewarding to me to make items that I have not made before.  So, I attempted an onion blossom, just like the restaurants make.  It was FANTASTIC!!

Yikes, this picture doesn't do it justice.  It was delicious.  In fact, I made one, we snarfed it, so I made another.  Then, of course, we regretted it.  No, it wasn't healthy, but we were getting our vegetables.  :)  You can find the recipe on allrecipes.com.  Search blooming onion.  We made the dip too, and it was delicious.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Look @ you....little couponer :) That bloomin' onion sounds delicious! And it's only 10:00 in the morning!

Em and Russ said...

We made bloomin' onions once and they were delicious! And so easy too!