chevron

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quiet Books

 I am on the "R.S. Meeting" Committee in our ward, and we are planning Super Saturday the end of October.  I am in charge of Quiet Books, so that is what I have been working on this week.  They are simple, but I am really happy with how they turned out. If anyone wants copies of my stuff, I'd be happy to share.  Email me or leave a comment and I will send you the stuff.  I found the photo books at the dollar store, and then printed the words on labels, and the pics off off www.lds.org.  The total cost is $3.50 each.  It was cheaper for me to make because I printed them off of my computer, but I will pay a copy store to print them for the ladies in the ward.
 Gospel ABC:  Each page is a different letter of the alphabet that corresponds with a Gospel word, and then has a primary song that goes with it.  There are a mix of my pics and the gospel image library pics.  I used foam letters for the alphabet letter.

Follow The Prophet:  I used the verses to the primary song, then found additional verses online for the Book of Mormon prophets, and Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson.  I printed the gospel library pics off and then put the verse on a 2X4 label.  I used 4X6 index cards as the background.
I know the 12 and First Presidency:  There is a great song by The Sons of Ammon that is on youtube.  See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaL6mOExf4g&feature=related.  My kids have watched it a zillion times and are now familiar with these guys.  I think it is important that their faces are familiar.  I used their catchy info lines and put them under the names of these guys.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is a great idea Kate!! Good job!! I have been trying to think of something for my kiddos...if you don't mind I would love to have you e-mail me your stuff!! lindsay.l.stephens@hotmail.com Thankyou!!

Em and Russ said...

Looks great! Could you send me the stuff too? russandemily@gmail.com
Thanks Kate!!!

Jen said...

You know I do! (You know I've been going to do this for about 5 years now, right?) They look very cute!

shawhill said...

Love your books wondering if I could get a copy of them

shawhill@juno.com
Thanks

Unknown said...

just found your cute blog. is it to late to get copies of your quiet books please:-) thanks:-)

Cale and Lisa said...

im on the enrichment board for rs and we too are planning a super Saturday can I get the stuff you have for these books? I like to offer this to the sisters..
cwclfc@msn.com
thanks
Lisa Clark

Unknown said...

Ran across this and would love a copy of what you did. Thanks emandtay@gmail.com